This traditional favorite is made super easy in a slow cooker. The finished dish even cuts well to make nice individual servings. You may need to break the lasagna noodles so they fit into the slow cooker crock. —Rebecca Goodwin, Bowling Green, Kentucky
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) herb and garlic pasta sauce
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in pasta sauce; heat through. In a large bowl, combine the mozzarella and ricotta cheeses, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Spread 1 cup meat sauce in an oval 3-qt. slow cooker. Break one lasagna noodle into three pieces. Layer 1-1/3 noodles over sauce, breaking noodles to fit as necessary. Top with 2/3 cup meat sauce and 1-1/3 cups cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Lasagna in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2009, p31
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review