Slow-Cooked Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) herb and garlic pasta sauce
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in pasta sauce; heat through. In a large bowl, combine the mozzarella and ricotta cheeses, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Spread 1 cup meat sauce in an oval 3-qt. slow cooker. Break one lasagna noodle into three pieces. Layer 1-1/3 noodles over sauce, breaking noodles to fit as necessary. Top with 2/3 cup meat sauce and 1-1/3 cups cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Lasagna(22)
Sort By :
I made this for supper a couple of months ago and was pleasantly surprised. So, I might add, was my husband who is a picky eater.He would have gone back for thirds, but I said he'd had enough (he's diabetic so have to watch his intake on carbs, etc). As to whether I'll make it again....I'm doing so this weekend, and it is in all of my recipe boxes!
excellent recipe, took it to a football party - was a great success
Did not like this at all. Dry and not flavorful. Maybe because I used a larger crock pot? I cooked it for only 4 hours and did everything else the recipe said. Will not make again. Like the oven version better! Sorry!
I have to say I was a bit wary of this recipe but it came out excellent. It is hard to please my picky eaters but this did the trick.
I modified a bit... I used Aldi's frozen Italian meatballs (thawed, warmed & cut up)... It was wonderful... My husband said it was the best Lasagna he had ever had...
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Lasagna Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Lasagna Recipes >