Slow-Cooked Lasagna Recipe
This traditional favorite is made super easy in a slow cooker. The finished dish even cuts well to make nice individual servings. You may need to break the lasagna noodles so they fit into the slow cooker crock. —Rebecca Goodwin, Bowling Green, Kentucky
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 45 min. Cook: 4-1/4 hours + standing YIELD:6 servings
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) herb and garlic pasta sauce
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in pasta sauce; heat through. In a large bowl, combine the mozzarella and ricotta cheeses, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- 2. Spread 1 cup meat sauce in an oval 3-qt. slow cooker. Break one lasagna noodle into three pieces. Layer 1-1/3 noodles over sauce, breaking noodles to fit as necessary. Top with 2/3 cup meat sauce and 1-1/3 cups cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining sauce.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC