- heat; simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes. Add wine; cook 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cheeses and the remaining
- parsley, oregano and salt.
- Spread 2-1/4 cups meat mixture into a 6-qt. slow cooker. Arrange five
- noodles over sauce, breaking to fit if necessary. Spread 1-1/3 cups
- cheese mixture over noodles. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining
- meat mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 633 calories, 33 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 1,591 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 40 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.