Slow-Cooked Lasagna with Homemade Sauce Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes, divided
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (9 ounces) no-cook lasagna noodles
- In a Dutch oven, cook the turkey, sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, sugar, 2 tablespoons parsley, basil, 2 teaspoons oregano and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes. Add wine; cook 15 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cheeses and the remaining parsley, oregano and salt.
- Spread 2-1/4 cups meat mixture into a 6-qt. slow cooker. Arrange five noodles over sauce, breaking to fit if necessary. Spread 1-1/3 cups cheese mixture over noodles. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining meat mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Slow-Cooker Lasagna in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p20
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Lasagna with Homemade Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review