Slow-Cooked Lamb Chops
Chops are without a doubt the cut of lamb we like best. I usually simmer them on low for hours in a slow cooker. The aroma is irresistible, and they come out so tender they practically melt in your mouth!
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 New Zealand lamb loin chops (about 1-3/4 pounds)
Make a holiday feast guests will love with pasture-raised, grass-fed lamb.
Learn More >
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Place onion in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the oregano, thyme,
- garlic powder, salt and pepper; rub over the lamb chops. Place chops
- over onion. Top with garlic. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or
- until the meat is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 201 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 219 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.