- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, sliced
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups cooked rice
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in shrimp and rice. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Jambalaya
Sort By :
This was my first attempt at Jambalaya and it was wonderful! I used Andouille cajun sausage mainly due to the lack of nitrates in it's ingredient list. Very easy and my family enjoyed it tremendously while watching football on a Saturday evening.
just add less spice so its not so hot
The perfect cold weather warm up to come home to after a long day. I would even embellish it with more of your favorite meats and spices to give it your own flare.