—Sherry Huntwork, Gretna, Nebraska
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, sliced
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups cooked rice
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in shrimp and rice. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Jambalaya in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2008, p60
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Jambalaya
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review