- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pound fully cooked andouille sausage links, cubed
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 small sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 celery rib with leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Hot cooked rice
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 16 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in shrimp. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Discard bay leaves. Serve with rice. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Hearty Jambalaya
Sort By :
"The taste was awesome. I did find that it had a lot of juice. I just drained it off and used it to make some SERIOUSLY good rice!"
"This is amazing! My husband said he felt like he was in New Orleans :) The only thing I did different was to put in raw shrimp and let it cook for about 20 minutes. Excellent recipe, thanks for sharing!"
"I made this for a large family gathering. Many of us had never eaten it before, and it was a hit!"
"I had boneless chicken thighs on hand, which I used instead by cutting them up, salting them and partially cooking them. I omitted the celery and red pepper since I didn't have them on hand, as well as the extra thyme since it was already in my homemade Cajun seasoning.Everyone enjoyed it with hush puppies."
"My husband loves the Cajun seasoning on everything so this recipe was a big hit. We used our own homemade Andouille sausage. It even gets better the next day. THANK YOU !!! Great Recipe !!!!"