Slow-Cooked Hearty Jambalaya Recipe
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Andouille Sausage links, cubed
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 small sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 celery rib with leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Hot cooked rice
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 16 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in shrimp. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Discard bay leaves. Serve with rice. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Hearty Jambalaya(20)
Sort By :
I had boneless chicken thighs on hand, which I used instead by cutting them up, salting them and partially cooking them. I omitted the celery and red pepper since I didn't have them on hand, as well as the extra thyme since it was already in my homemade Cajun seasoning.
Everyone enjoyed it with hush puppies.
My husband loves the Cajun seasoning on everything so this recipe was a big hit. We used our own homemade Andouille sausage. It even gets better the next day. THANK YOU !!! Great Recipe !!!!
this was delicious.made it for company and they raved about it.
Am I to assume 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic is dried and not fresh?
More Recipe Collections
- Andouille >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Cajun Stew Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Chicken Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Jambalaya >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >
- Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Shrimp Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Stew Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Chicken Breasts >