- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup cola, divided
- 1 fully cooked boneless ham (5 to 6 pounds), cut in half
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard, horseradish and 2 tablespoons cola. Rub over ham. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker; add remaining cola to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until a thermometer reads 140°. Yield: 15-20 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Ham
"I have not tried this recipe as I just wanted to say that my mother worked at Sheppard Air Force Base during WW!!. I am still a Texan at heart. I lived in Wichtall Falls until I was 8 and then moved to Southern California. But, I am still Texan!!!!!!!"
"Yummy! The texture came out a little stringy, like meat often does from the slow cooker. More toward shredded or chunks of ham than sliced. But overall it was gobbled up and a super easy recipe. I used Dr. Pepper instead of Coke. I would make again."
"I have not made this but for the woman who asked what she could substitute for the cola and sugar is use Zevia Cola which is sold in most grocery stores, it is a soda made without sugar but made with Stevia and use Stevia Blend in place of the sugar. Zevia comes in several flavors and really does taste like regular soda. You can get Stevia Blend on the internet."
"This is a great recipe, fast, easy, very moist."
"Good recipe. Ham was very moist and tender. Would like to find a substitution for the brown sugar and cola as I watch my sugar intake."
"I'm a fan of anything in the slow cooker, and 5 ingredients or less! A perfect Monday meal..."
"I've made this recipe with a bone-in ham and it is fantastic. I use the bone for bean soup a few days later and the whole family loves it."