- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup cola, divided
- 1 fully cooked boneless ham (5 to 6 pounds), cut in half
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard, horseradish and 2 tablespoons cola. Rub over ham. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker; add remaining cola to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until a thermometer reads 140°. Yield: 15-20 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Ham
"I have not made this but for the woman who asked what she could substitute for the cola and sugar is use Zevia Cola which is sold in most grocery stores, it is a soda made without sugar but made with Stevia and use Stevia Blend in place of the sugar. Zevia comes in several flavors and really does taste like regular soda. You can get Stevia Blend on the internet."
"This is a great recipe, fast, easy, very moist."
"Very tender and delicious, plus the fact that it is made in the crockpot makes it great for holiday meals since your oven is free for side dishes!"
"Good recipe. Ham was very moist and tender. Would like to find a substitution for the brown sugar and cola as I watch my sugar intake."
"Absolutely fantastic! My family asks for this often and my kids point out when ham is on sale in the grocery store! I usually freeze the leftovers and use them in all my casserole/egg bake recipes."
"I'm a fan of anything in the slow cooker, and 5 ingredients or less! A perfect Monday meal..."
"I've made this recipe with a bone-in ham and it is fantastic. I use the bone for bean soup a few days later and the whole family loves it."
"Best ham ever! This was my first time cooking a ham and cooking it in a crockpot. I wouldn't have it any other way! So tender and juicy. It was loved by ALL!"
"I used Dr. Pepper instead of a cola and it turned out great! About 5-10 minutes before i pulled it out I added some brown sugar on top. It was wonderful :)"