Slow-Cooked Ham with Pineapple Sauce Recipe
- 1 fully cooked boneless ham (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1. Place ham in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small saucepan, mix the remaining ingredients, stirring to dissolve cornstarch. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Pour over ham, covering completely. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- 2. Editor’s Note: This recipe is not recommended for a spiral cut ham. Yield: 12 servings.
4 ounces ham with 1/4 cup sauce: 262 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 1638mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Ham with Pineapple Sauce
"I followed recipe, but used a pre-sliced 6 lb ham. THE HAM CAME OUT VERY VERY DRY> During the 6 hours on low all of the moisture was cooked out of the ham. I won't use slow cooker for ham ever again!!!!"
"This was very good. Didn't need to make any changes. I used a Cure 81 boneless ham. Very pleased. I made it for Christmas Day and everyone thought it very good. Farherinlaw said it was the best ham ever tasted."
"Made this recipe for my family even though I am not a huge fan of pineapple - however, my family, including me, thought the recipe was great and definitely a keeper."
"Really good I would make this again"
"Good, but we did it with a bone-in ham, a 4lb, and it just didn't carve up right. I'm sure it was the ham, but I'm for sure going to try it again with the boneless ham. The sauce is great!"
"Delicious!! I had a 8lb bone in ham that I wanted to bake. It wouldn't fit in the slow cooker, so I cooked it at 325 for 2.5 or so hours. Fantastic!!"
"I've always preferred ham with a brown sugar glaze but was wanting to try something different. This was a great change. Delicious and so easy to put together! I'll be making this my go to ham recipe from now on."
"Very moist ham. Pineapple sauce is a nice touch."
"is it possible to use this method and revipe with a butt portion ham w/bone. Thanks, Sukie"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer