- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until the rice is tender. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Ham 'n' Broccoli
"I'm always looking for good slow-cooker recipes. My family isn't usually impressed by them, but this one was pretty good! I used a can of cheese soup because the jars of processed cheese sauce seemed to be hiding from me in the grocery store that day."
"My husband liked this and that should give it a five, but,, I changed some things for his taste and to suit what I had on hand. First of all, I used about a quarter cup of parmesan instead of the cheese sauce. Dropped the chestnuts because I didn't have any, and switched to instant brown rice cause I didn't have white. My husband doesn't eat brown rice. He never guessed. It held its texture well. I also used turkey ham instead of ham. We like the taste, texture and price better. I just dumped a bag of frozen broccoli florets in and cooked on low all day. We all ate plenty and my husband made favorable comments, which is like getting a culinary award at my house!"
"I liked this recipe, I love slow cooker recipes. Instead of using jarred cheddar, I substituted cheddar cheese soup, it was still pretty good. It would be fun to experiment with other soups, veggies and meat."
"This recipe was really good. I didn't have any ham, so I used fajita chicken and a jar of Tostitos smooth and flavored dip."
"I love this recipe. I omit Ham, Water Chestnuts, Celery, Pepper and Paprika. I also put in 4 cups of broccoli florets. I can't find any other "jar" of cheese sauce other then Ragu double cheddar, so I use 1 cup of that."