- 6 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, quartered
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 2 large onions, quartered
- 1 whole garlic bulb, separated and peeled
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon water, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- Place potatoes in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the chicken, onions and garlic. Combine the oregano, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup water; pour over chicken and vegetables. Drizzle with oil. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender.
- Remove chicken and vegetables to a serving platter; keep warm. Strain cooking juices and skim fat; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken and vegetables. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Greek Chicken Dinner
"I haven't tried this recipe yet but am planning on fixing it today. I really sounds like a delicious and easy recipe. I think I will add a few less potatoes and add a couple of carrots to it just to give it a little more color since my family likes carrots. It sounds like a winner. I will rate it after I try it."
"I would make this again, but definitely did not make enough gravy for the amount of food that was cooked."
"This sounds super good. I have been wondering what to do about the fryer chicken I picked up on sale last week"