Slow-Cooked Greek Chicken Dinner Recipe
- 6 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, quartered
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 2 large onions, quartered
- 1 whole garlic bulb, separated and peeled
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon water, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- Place potatoes in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the chicken, onions and garlic. Combine the oregano, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup water; pour over chicken and vegetables. Drizzle with oil. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender.
- Remove chicken and vegetables to a serving platter; keep warm. Strain cooking juices and skim fat; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken and vegetables. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Greek Chicken Dinner
Sort By :
"I haven't tried this recipe yet but am planning on fixing it today. I really sounds like a delicious and easy recipe. I think I will add a few less potatoes and add a couple of carrots to it just to give it a little more color since my family likes carrots. It sounds like a winner. I will rate it after I try it."
"I used boneless chicken breasts and doubled the liquid. Everyone in the family enjoyed it and I liked how easy it was!"
"I would make this again, but definitely did not make enough gravy for the amount of food that was cooked."
"I LOVE using the slow cooker! Whole chickens can be such a great buy, and the simple ingredients in this recipe are always on hand in my kitchen. The flavors are great and my family loved this dinner! I didn't change a thing. THANKS!"
"This sounds super good. I have been wondering what to do about the fryer chicken I picked up on sale last week"