Slow-Cooked Gingered Pears Recipe
My slow cooker allows me to serve a heartwarming dessert without much effort. Topped with caramel sauce, these tender pears feature a surprise filling of nuts and brown sugar.—Catherine Mueller, St. Paul, Minnesota
- 1/2 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 6 medium Bartlett or D'Anjou pears
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Vanilla ice cream and caramel ice cream topping, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the ginger, brown sugar, pecans and lemon peel. Using a melon baller or long-handled spoon, core pears to within 1/4 in. of bottom. Spoon ginger mixture into the center of each.
- 2. Place pears upright in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top each with butter. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until tender. Serve with ice cream and caramel topping if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 263 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 43mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 6g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Gingered Pears
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC