Slow-Cooked German Potato Salad Recipe
In Delano, Minnesota, Marlene Muckenhirn makes these zesty salad with potatoes, celery and onion. It's a terrific side dish when served warm with crumbled bacon and fresh parsley sprinkled on top.
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the potatoes, celery and onion. In a small bowl, combine water, vinegar, sugar, tapioca, salt, celery seed and pepper. Pour over potatoes; stir gently to coat.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until potatoes are tender. Just before serving, sprinkle with bacon and parsley. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Hot German Potato Salad in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p45
Reviews for Slow-Cooked German Potato Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- German Potato Salad >
- German Potato Salad Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- German Salad Recipes >
- No-Mayo Potato Salad Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Salad >
- Potato Salad Recipes >