Slow-Cooked Fruited Oatmeal with Nuts Recipe
The beauty of this breakfast is that you can set the slow cooker overnight and, with nothing more than a ladle, spoons and bowls, feed a crowd in the morning. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups chopped apples
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons chopped almonds, toasted
- 6 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- Additional fat-free milk
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until liquid is absorbed.
- 2. Spoon oatmeal into bowls. Sprinkle with almonds and pecans; drizzle with additional milk if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 306 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 28 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC