The beauty of this breakfast is that you can set the slow cooker overnight and, with nothing more than a ladle, spoons and bowls, feed a crowd in the morning. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups chopped apples
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons chopped almonds, toasted
- 6 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- Additional fat-free milk
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until liquid is absorbed.
- Spoon oatmeal into bowls. Sprinkle with almonds and pecans; drizzle with additional milk if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Fruited Oatmeal with Nuts in Simple & Delicious February/March 2012, p23
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Fruited Oatmeal with Nuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review