- 3 cups water
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups chopped apples
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons chopped almonds, toasted
- 6 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- Additional fat-free milk
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until liquid is absorbed.
- Spoon oatmeal into bowls. Sprinkle with almonds and pecans; drizzle with additional milk if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Fruited Oatmeal with Nuts
Sort By :
Okay. I have made this three times now. The third time was the charm. This does not take 6-8 hours to cook-only about four. If you overcook it, it does stick and burn to the sides of the crock-pot terribly, and the apples do dissolve.
So what I did was put it on before I went to bed, then in the middle of the night when I woke up (pregnant right now...) I stirred the oatmeal and turned it to warm. in the morning, it was perfect retaining all the yummy flavors. My family loved it.
The oatmeal burned to the sides of the slow cooker. The apples dissolved away. This was a disappointing disgusting mess to clean up.
Despite all the ingredients there wasn't a ton of flavor. It definitely needed the nuts, additional cranberries and some brown sugar when serving. It was easy and smelled great, but I'm not sure I'd make it again.
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Hot Cereal Recipes >
- Low Sodium Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Simple Breakfast Recipes >