"My slow cooker gets lots of use, especially during the hectic summer months," notes Michelle Armistead from Keyport, New Jersey. "I can fix this flank steak in the morning and forget about it until dinnertime. I serve it with noodles and a tossed salad."
- 1 flank steak (about 1-1/2 pounds), cut in half
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, brown steak in oil; transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. In the same skillet, saute onion for 1 minute. Gradually add water, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Pour over the flank steak. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until the meat is tender. Slice the meat; serve with onion and pan juices. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Flank Steak in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p45
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Flank Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review