Slow-Cooked Flank Steak Recipe
- 1 flank steak (about 1-1/2 pounds), cut in half
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, brown steak in oil; transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. In the same skillet, saute onion for 1 minute. Gradually add water, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Pour over the flank steak. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until the meat is tender. Slice the meat; serve with onion and pan juices. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Flank Steak(7)
Sort By :
Loved this. We're are a family of 7 and did double flank steak portions and it turned out perfect. Nothing leftover!
I thought I'd add to my previous comments, that I ALWAYS cook two flank steaks at the same time...(Yes stacked in the the same crock-pot). Sometimes I double the spices and onion, sometimes I don't...but BOTH always turn out perfect!
It was ok.... Seemed to be missing something.. couldnt figure out what it was. Husband said it was spicy.. but missing flavor
I wanted to add something else to my comment. I did cook the steak for 7 hours and I did find it a bit dry. I then tried 4-5 on high and it was fantastic.
This recipe was fantastic! I rarely eat beef, but this has been something I have made at least 3 times since I tired it 1 month ago.