Slow-Cooked Enchilada Casserole
Tortilla chips and a side salad turn this casserole into a mouthwatering meal. - Denise Waller, Omaha, Nebraska
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) enchilada sauce
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) flour tortillas, torn
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in enchilada sauce, soup and salt.
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, layer a third of the beef mixture, tortillas
- and cheese. Repeat the layers twice. Cover and cook on low for 6-8
- hours or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.