- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 green onions, sliced, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle chicken with salt. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken on both sides. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Combine the coconut milk, curry, turmeric and cayenne; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with half of the onions. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Stir in lime juice. Serve chicken with rice and sauce; sprinkle with remaining onions. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Curry Chicken
"I added extra coconut milk, coriander, ginger, garlic, red bell pepper, roasted curried cauliflower and broccoli. Fabulous!"
"This dish seemed a little plain as it is listed so I used as a base and changed it up a bit. I used red curry paste instead with just a dash of curry powder. I added lemongrass and red pepper flakes. I used turkey breast instead of chicken since that is what I had in the freezer. Towards the end of the cooking cycle, I added broccoli, bamboo shoots and fresh basil leaves. since I felt this dish was lacking in vegetables. Turned out excellent. Will definitely make again."
"I did not have green onions so I used a whole onion and sliced it very thinly and covered the chicken. I also added crushed and chopped garlic and ginger. To amp the taste, I also added more hot curry paste. My kids loved it so much they asked me to make it again in the same week!"
"This recipe was quite tasty. I'll make it again, but I think it needs more veggies.Thanks for the recipe!"