Slow-Cooked Crab Dip Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients; stir in crab.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 1-2 hours. Stir in capers and pepper sauce; cook 30 minutes longer to allow flavors to blend. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2-1/3 cups.
1/4 cup dip (calculated without crackers) equals 153 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 387 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.