Slow-Cooked Country Ribs in Gravy Recipe
This is a very easy recipe (just the kind I like!) that I got from my sister-in-law. I like to make it in winter as a way to capture the barbecues of summer.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours YIELD:6 servings
- 3 pounds country-style pork ribs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place ribs in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over ribs. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour; reduce heat to low and cook 3-4 hours longer. Remove ribs to serving platter and keep warm. Thicken cooking liquid for gravy. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (8 ounces) equals 280 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 876 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC