Slow-Cooked Country Ribs in Gravy Recipe
- 3 pounds country-style pork ribs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place ribs in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over ribs. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour; reduce heat to low and cook 3-4 hours longer. Remove ribs to serving platter and keep warm. Thicken cooking liquid for gravy. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (8 ounces) equals 280 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 876 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Country Ribs in Gravy
"I had some leftover homemade barbecue sauce to serve with the meat (from Jalepeno Ribs recipe on this site), so I didn't bother thickening the cooking liquid. If I had, I would have refrigerated it so I could skim off the grease. Also, I just put the ribs on low for 8 hours, didn't bother with high for an hour. I'll definitely make these again.UPDATE: I made these again this week, and thickened the "gravy." We found it to be really odd, so I changed my review to just 3 stars. The meat is very flavorful, I just would not use the juices to make a gravy."
"Good crockpot meal. I mixed up my sauce the night before, so I could put them together quickly in the morning. I put mine on low and cooked all day, the gravy was good with rolls and mashed potatoes."
"Very good recipe. Kids loved it."