- 6 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 corned beef briskets with spice packets (3 pounds each)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons whole peppercorns
- 4 cups water
- In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the potatoes, carrots and onion. Add briskets (discard spice packets from corned beef or save for another use). Sprinkle the brown sugar, sugar, coriander and peppercorns over meat. Pour water over top.
- Cover and cook on low for 9-11 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Remove meat and vegetables to a serving platter. Thinly slice one brisket across the grain and serve with vegetables. Save the remaining brisket for Reuben Strata (recipe also in Recipe Finder) or save for another use. Yield: 5 servings plus leftovers.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Corned Beef
Sort By :
"I cut this recipe's meat, potatoes, and liquid quantity in half but kept the other vegetables amount the same and added two sticks of celery. I also cut the seasonings and sugar in half but did included the spice pack that comes with the corned beef. We had family over and everyone loved it. I barely had any leftovers!"
"This recipe reminded me of the way my mom would make corned beef! Super easy to put together and the house smelled great all day. I followed other reviewers' and added the spice pack. The beef was excellent. A great combination of savory and not too sweet."
"Thought this was easy and delicious! I added the carrots, potatoes, onions, brown sugar and water. I saved the packets and added them as well. The veggies were just perfect. I made Corned beef on rye bread (with mustard) sandwiches and had the veggies on the side. Thanks for sharing!!"
"I used the spice package with the corned beef. Easy to make and delicious but needs a few more carrots"
"Three words: Easy, Quick, Delicious"