Slow-Cooked Corned Beef Recipe
- 6 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 corned beef briskets with spice packets (3 pounds each)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons whole peppercorns
- 4 cups water
- 1. In a 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the potatoes, carrots and onion. Add briskets (discard spice packets from corned beef or save for another use). Sprinkle the brown sugar, sugar, coriander and peppercorns over meat. Pour water over top.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 9-11 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
- 3. Remove meat and vegetables to a serving platter. Thinly slice one brisket across the grain and serve with vegetables. Save the remaining brisket for Reuben Strata (recipe also in Recipe Finder) or save for another use. Yield: 6 servings plus leftovers.
4 ounces cooked corned beef with 3/4 cup vegetables equals 557 calories, 31 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 156 mg cholesterol, 1,825 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 32 g protein.