Slow-Cooked Corn Chowder Recipe
"I combine and refrigerate the ingredients for this easy chowder the night before," notes Mary Hogue of Rochester, Pennsylvania. "In the morning, I pour the mixture into the slow cooker and turn it on before I leave for work. When I come home, a hot tasty meal awaits."
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-3/4 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 215 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 709 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Corn Chowder
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC