"I combine and refrigerate the ingredients for this easy chowder the night before," notes Mary Hogue of Rochester, Pennsylvania. "In the morning, I pour the mixture into the slow cooker and turn it on before I leave for work. When I come home, a hot tasty meal awaits."
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-3/4 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Corn Chowder in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p61
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Corn Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review