Slow-Cooked Coffee Pot Roast
My family raves about my gravy when I prepare this recipe. Whenever I'm fishing for compliments, this pot roast is a sure hit!—Janet Dominick, Bagley, Minnesota
10-12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 9-1/2 hours
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), quartered
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- Place half of the onions in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with garlic and
- half of the beef. Top with remaining onion and beef. Combine coffee
- and soy sauce; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours
- or until meat is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until gravy is thickened.
- Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 248 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 362 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4