Slow-Cooked Coffee Pot Roast Recipe
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), quartered
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- Place half of the onions in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with garlic and half of the beef. Top with remaining onion and beef. Combine coffee and soy sauce; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until gravy is thickened. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Coffee Pot Roast(13)
Sort By :
Great recipe as is. I cooked it on high for 4 hours and it came out great.
Easy and a great unexpected flavor combination. No changes needed. Leftovers will make great beef and noodles :)
This was full of flavor and very tender. Very easy to put together. I used a smaller chunk of meat for my family size and it was wonderful. I will make this one again.
excellent for any occasion. i made this roast 4 times in less than a month. i used 6 - 8 large sweet onions and i used 4 x's the amounts of liquid ingredients.
This recipe was delicious! My husband added a handful of mushrooms when I wasn't looking... and I will definately make this again with mushrooms! I served this with two potatoes mash and peas.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Roast Dinner >