Slow-Cooked Coconut Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 6 tablespoons flaked coconut, toasted
- Minced fresh cilantro
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Pour coconut milk mixture over top. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve with coconut and cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 201 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 267 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer