Slow-Cooked Coconut Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 6 tablespoons flaked coconut, toasted
- Minced fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Place chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Pour coconut milk mixture over top. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve with coconut and cilantro. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Coconut Chicken
Sort By :
"I love slow cooker recipes, chicken, and coconut so I expected amazing results with this recipe but it was just meh. It looked gross, despite a wonderful aroma. It was edible, but I won't recommend it or make it again."
"It was just OK. Smelled wonderful cooking, but the flavors were bland. Wouldn't bother to make it again unless I added several spices like ginger, curry and perhaps mango chutney."
"I made a few tweaks to the recipe and my family enjoyed it. First, I lightly salted then browned my chicken. I doubled the ingredients for the sauce, added 2T of minced fresh onion, 2tsp of fresh grated ginger. It was served over jasmine rice. I will be making it again as it is easy to make and went over well with the entire family. I would also caution and say try to use UNsweetened coconut flakes unless you want a slightly sweeter version."
"Very easy and tasty, and yes, it does smell so good while cooking!"
"This was OK, but nothing unusual (for me). I wish the flavors would be concentrated, but in the crockpot the chicken juice mixes with the coconut milk to dilute it. I suppose baking it would solve this problem, but then the chicken wouldn't be so tender..."