Slow-Cooked Chunky Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 4 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Chopped red onion, optional
- Sour cream, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender. If desired, serve with shredded cheese, chopped onion and sour cream.
- 3. Freeze option: Before adding toppings, cool chili. Freeze chili and toppings separately in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Sprinkle with toppings. Yield: 3 quarts.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Chunky Chili
"I made this recipe yesterday. Instead of cooking all on high in the crock pot for 4 to 5 hours, I cooked all on low for 12 hours. It came out beautifully and was incredibly tasty and chunky. I'll be making this one again."
"The best chili i ever cooked."
"This chili rated fantastic with my guy,he said ate 3 bowls hard to stop,even said it topped Windy's.i used exact Recipe except had Extra can of whole plum tom's i diced and threw in.It did not hurt the recipe had plenty of juice.The taco seasoning was perfect,i kept wondering how it would be with no chili powder.----This will be my chili recipe from now on and plan to share it.=====just enough seasoning===would be great for football party's."
"This was too spicy for us. Next time, I'll only use one can of the diced tomatoes and green chilies."
"Amazing Recipe! I used Old El Paso Mild Taco Mix, and subsituted green onions for regular onions (hubby has a dislike for regular onions), and I added half a cup of carrots! Sprinkled with Shaved Parm and served with Buttermilk Biscuits! Definitely will be making again for the family!"
"I've made this numerous times now, and really love it! I use whatever brand of sausage is on sale, and use two cans of black beans and two cans of kidney beans. I also generally omit the green pepper, simply because we don't often have one around, while we do usually have all of the other ingredients. It's delicious!!!!!"
"This chili has replaced my old version I have made for years. Very easy; was able to prep everything the night before and then throw it all in the Crock Pot the next morning before work. I did add a little whole cumin and chili powder. Also, just because we love them, replaced two of the cans of beans for black beans. Replaced the diced tomatoes for a 32oz can of whole Roma tomatoes in a purée, because that is what I had in the pantry."
"Love this! Made a batch and brought it to work to share, everyone raved about how delicious it was.. I passed out the recipe 5 times! Will make this again for sure! I did use different types of beans instead of all kidney and used turkey instead of beef."
"only chili i make now!!!"
"sooo good!!! love it"
"My family loved this recipe. It taste a lot better than the chili I usually fix. This recipe is replacing my old one. Thanks"
"My families favorite...we eat on it twice a week. Second night I put over spagetti topped wth cheese or on a baked potatoe."