Slow-Cooked Chowder Recipe
- 5 cups water
- 5 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 8 medium potatoes, cubed
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 5-6 hours or until vegetables are tender. Stir in milk and parsley; heat through. Yield: 12 servings (about 3 quarts).
1 cup: 197 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 626mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Chowder
"This was a good soup but I was looking for a chowder (thicker/creamier). If I were to make this again, I would add chicken or turkey & more carrots or other vegetables."