Slow-Cooked Chowder Recipe
The hectic holidays often leave little time for cooking. That's why this slow cooker recipe is a favorite. I just combine the ingredients, flip a switch and forget it! —Pam Leonard, Aberdeen, South Dakota
- 5 cups water
- 5 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 8 medium potatoes, cubed
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 5-6 hours or until vegetables are tender. Stir in milk and parsley; heat through. Yield: 12 servings (about 3 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 197 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 626 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC