The hectic holidays often leave little time for cooking. That's why this slow cooker recipe is a favorite. I just combine the ingredients, flip a switch and forget it! —Pam Leonard, Aberdeen, South Dakota
Featured In: 51 Cozy Slow Cooker Soups
- 5 cups water
- 5 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 8 medium potatoes, cubed
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 5-6 hours or until vegetables are tender. Stir in milk and parsley; heat through. Yield: 12 servings (about 3 quarts).
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Chowder in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p78
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2009
"This was a good soup but I was looking for a chowder (thicker/creamier). If I were to make this again, I would add chicken or turkey & more carrots or other vegetables."