"This hearty chili can cook for up to 10 hours on low," relates Sue Call of Beech Grove, Indiana. "It's so good to come home to after a long day away."
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the next nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Garnish individual servings with cheese if desired. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Chili in Taste of Home October/November 1996, p45
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review