Slow-Cooked Chicken Chili Recipe
Assemble this midday and your dinner will be ready and waiting for you.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute chicken and onion in oil for 5 minutes or until chicken is browned.
- 2. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, corn and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or until chicken is no longer pink. Garnish with sour cream and cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 318 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 1,092 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 28 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC