- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, saute chicken and onion in oil for 5 minutes or until chicken is browned.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, corn and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or until chicken is no longer pink. Garnish with sour cream and cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Chicken Chili
Sort By :
This was a very tasty chili. I cooked the chicken ahead of time and was very happy that the chicken did not dry up at all. I would like a little more heat/flavor next time I make it.
I liked this much better the second day after all the flavors settled. I shredded the chicken. This was delicious with cheese and sour cream topping was added. I also chose to use mixed veggies instead of just carrots.
I loooooooooooove this recipe & make it at least once a month. My husband isn't that big of a chili/stew/soup fan, but he really enjoys this & asks for seconds. Like Robin, I just throw the raw chicken in & it cooks just fine over the 5 hours.
I had some extra dark red kidney beans, so I added those. I didn't have to cook the chicken ahead of time. It cooked in the crock pot durring the 5 hours. It was perfect and everyone kept asking for the recipe! Thank you!
Liked the flavors. It is easy to overcook the chicken. Is a bit soupy unless you add cheese and sourcream.
Next time I would consider cooking whole chicken pieces and "pulling" them at the end. Might also drain one of the tomato cans.