Slow-Cooked Chicken and Stuffing Recipe
Prepared in a slow cooker, this tasty, no-fuss main dish has a flavorful blend of seasonings and the irresistible duo of tender chicken and moist dressing. It's nice enough for the holidays and easy enough to fix year-round. -Angie Marquart, New Washington, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Cook: 4-1/2 hours YIELD:14-16 servings
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 cups day-old bread cubes (1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 5 to 6 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first 10 ingredients. Simmer for 10 minutes; remove from the heat. Place bread cubes in a large bowl. Combine eggs and soup; stir into broth mixture until smooth. Pour over bread and toss well.
- 2. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer half of the stuffing and chicken; repeat layers. Cover and cook on low for 4-1/2 to 5 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into the stuffing reads 160°. Yield: 14-16 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 288 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 770 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC