- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 cups day-old bread cubes (1/2-inch pieces)
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 5 to 6 cups cubed cooked chicken
- In a large saucepan, combine the first 10 ingredients. Simmer for 10 minutes; remove from the heat. Place bread cubes in a large bowl. Combine eggs and soup; stir into broth mixture until smooth. Pour over bread and toss well.
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer half of the stuffing and chicken; repeat layers. Cover and cook on low for 4-1/2 to 5 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into the stuffing reads 160°. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Chicken and Stuffing
"I made this for a church potluck and it turned out great. I got quite a few compliments on it. It was so handy. I will definitely make it again!"
"Will definitely make this again."
"I used canned chicken and it was an ok substitute. Very easy to prepare."
"WE LOVE, LOVE , LOVE THIS!!! It's tastes like Grandma's and smells wonderful while cooking! I have been making this recipe for many years, I first saw it in TOH magazine about 8 years ago??"
"I've been making this stuffing for years. I usually bake it in the oven for holidays. Comes out great every time!"