- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos, drained
- Hot cooked rice
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine soup, flour, pepper and cayenne until smooth. Stir in chicken, celery, green pepper and onion. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat juices run clear. Stir in peas and pimientos. Cook 30 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Chicken a La King
"Simple to put together with tasty results. I ended up seasoning with a bit more salt and pepper after tasting it."
"Just like Mom's only easier because of the slow cooker."
"Although tasty, it had more of a stew-like consistency, than the thick chicken a la king I remember from childhood. My husband and I actually liked it better the 2nd day after it had thickened some."
"I agree with the other reviews that cooking 7 hrs is too long and this does not make six servings. It was easy to prepare."
"I used a frozen chicken breast and it still only took 4-5 hours. I also added 2 garlic cloves chopped and some frozen corn too. This was really good and I'll definitely make a double batch again. This recipe is no more than 2 servings."