Slow-Cooked Chicken A La King Recipe
"When I know I'll be having a busy day with little time for cooking, I prepare this tasty main dish," writes Eleanor Mielke of Snohomish, Washington. "Brimming with tender chicken and colorful vegetables, it smells so good while cooking."
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos, drained
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine soup, flour, pepper and cayenne until smooth. Stir in chicken, celery, green pepper and onion. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat juices run clear. Stir in peas and pimientos. Cook 30 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 183 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 284 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC