"When I know I'll be having a busy day with little time for cooking, I prepare this tasty main dish," writes Eleanor Mielke of Snohomish, Washington. "Brimming with tender chicken and colorful vegetables, it smells so good while cooking."
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos, drained
- Hot cooked rice
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine soup, flour, pepper and cayenne until smooth. Stir in chicken, celery, green pepper and onion. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat juices run clear. Stir in peas and pimientos. Cook 30 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken a la King in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p34
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Chicken a La King
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review