I mixed and matched several recipes to come up with this one. I'm always happy to adapt recipes for my slow cooker. It's so easy to prepare a meal that way. -Mildred Sherrer, Bay City , Texas
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup canned cherry pie filling
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mace
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown the pork chops over medium heat on both sides. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine pie filling, lemon juice, bouillon and mace. Add pork chops. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Cherry Pork Chops in Reminisce January/February 2002, p48
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Cherry Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review