Slow-Cooked Cherry Pork Chops Recipe
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup canned cherry pie filling
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mace
- 1. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown the pork chops over medium heat on both sides. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine pie filling, lemon juice, bouillon and mace. Add pork chops. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 105 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Cherry Pork Chops
"smelled like ham, tasted like ham, would have rather just ate ham"
"Loved this recipe! Very easy and not many ingredients. My 9 year old is a very picky eater and he absolutely loved these pork chops. I will definately make these again."
"I cooked for 3 hours on low, and chops were moist and cut-with-your-fork-tender. Substituted nutmeg for mace. Definitely making this again!"
"I have made a similar dish but I browned the chops, put them in a baking dish, poured the cherry pie filling over them and baked them at 350* for abt 30 minutes. Or, pan fry the chops and serve the pie filling on the side at the table. Either way, they are good."
"We had this dish tonight, and 4 hours are way too long. It dries the chops out. But they were good."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.