- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup canned cherry pie filling
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mace
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown the pork chops over medium heat on both sides. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine pie filling, lemon juice, bouillon and mace. Add pork chops. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Cherry Pork Chops
"smelled like ham, tasted like ham, would have rather just ate ham"
"Loved this recipe! Very easy and not many ingredients. My 9 year old is a very picky eater and he absolutely loved these pork chops. I will definately make these again."
"I cooked for 3 hours on low, and chops were moist and cut-with-your-fork-tender. Substituted nutmeg for mace. Definitely making this again!"
"We had this dish tonight, and 4 hours are way too long. It dries the chops out. But they were good."