Slow-Cooked Cheesy Potatoes Recipe
For a comforting side dish that feeds a crowd, try these saucy slow-cooked potatoes sent in by Melissa Marzolf of Marysville, Michigan. A simple topping of buttered croutons covers the creamy combination.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 8 hours YIELD:10-12 servings
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 small onion, chopped or 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1. Toss the potatoes and cheese; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine soup, onion, 4 tablespoons butter, salt and pepper; pour over potato mixture.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir in sour cream. Toss stuffing cubes and remaining butter; sprinkle over potatoes. Yield: 10-12 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC