For a comforting side dish that feeds a crowd, try these saucy slow-cooked potatoes sent in by Melissa Marzolf of Marysville, Michigan. A simple topping of buttered croutons covers the creamy combination.
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 small onion, chopped or 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- Toss the potatoes and cheese; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine soup, onion, 4 tablespoons butter, salt and pepper; pour over potato mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir in sour cream. Toss stuffing cubes and remaining butter; sprinkle over potatoes. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Cheesy Potatoes in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p45
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Cheesy Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review